Shaping the future
The « Global Forum/Shaping the Future » is as an independent high profile international think-tank dedicated to Business and Policy issues affecting the successful evolution of the Digital Society.
Monday 28th & Tuesday 29th October 2013
GLOBAL FORUM/SHAPING THE FUTURE 2013 TRIESTE, ITALY
DRIVING THE DIGITAL FUTURE
Opportunities for Communities, Citizens & Businesses
Towards Global Solutions
Monday 28th & Tuesday 29th October 2013
Check here the Global Forum 2009 website
Organizers & Co-organizers
ITEMS INTERNATIONAL est une société de conseil stratégique basée à Paris et spécialisée dans les technologies de l’information et de la communication.
ITEMS International is an international consulting firm based in Paris, dedicated to delivering Information & Communication Technology (ICT) strategies
1- Internet expertise
- Internet between business opportunities and citizen expectations : New ways of innovation for organizations, Developing Internet of Things, Trust & Privacy issues
- Internet governance : Naming and adressing strategic issues, assistance to launch .cities, .regions, .company ..., Process Management with ICANN, Internet of Things / RFID
- Open Data : Strategic Framework for Local Authorities, benefits and constraints, economic impact, architecture (from repository to standardized APIs, legal issues
- Architecture of new services : Collaborative architecture & Web 2.0, Web services based on dynamic software components, Interoperability, Mobile Internet, Video service design, ID architecture and tools, Internet of the Future Architecture, Security
- Social Networks : Communities strategy for public and private organizations
- Internet services adoption for citizens : Strategic and coherent visions for local authorities, Usage adoption improvement
- Cities 2.0 : e-Health, e-Education , e-Government, Mobility
2- Software - IT
- Software in a new environment driven by components and services : The market of software components, Open Source as a key factor of competition, Software as the driver of innovation in all sectors of ICT, Impact of software culture in management
- Technological hot strategic issues, Web Services to spread out internet architecture in IT architecture : SaaS vs product based architecture, Impact of Cloud Computing in IT services architecture, Parallel GPU : the next key frontier
- Enterprise 2.0 : Collaborative Intranet, Towards efficient Social Networks in enterprise - see our website (french)
- IT Management : IT at the service of the core business, Balance the stability of IT Architecture with the pressure of a very competitive environment, HR management in IT
- Software approaches in ICT strategies : Understanding why software culture change strategies in standardization, Understanding of Open Source in the value chain, Licenses : Legal rules and constraints, How to take advantage of the dynamic of communities, The impact of software in economic development
- Software in standardization : How strategies based on software components can change the rules in standardization ? Open Source vs Proprietary approaches crossing the line FRAND vs Royalty-Free. When open means open ... or closed.
3- TV and Media Content
- Strategies towards global media : Impact of end-to-end digital content, Rich media opportunities and constraints, The telcos in the playground, Winning strategies for Mobile TV, Digital Dividend opportunities, Standardization on the move, The future of DRMs
- Business Plans : Trends for the next 10 years, Impact of telcos penetration in TV business, The protection dilemma
- Marketing and Positioning : Global Media Concepts, internet audience, advertisements, revenues, Web 2.0 interactions to boost audience
- Regulation : Impact of multichannel delivery, Net neutrality impact on Future TV services, Internet rules in the TV background, Legal background
- Cross Media content impact : Major changes in digital content production, Business models trends for producers
Facing technological changes that impact all business models : Broadband fixed infrastructures, Ubiquitous broadband mobile communications, Communications as Software services, 3G/4G, Micro Cells. ITEMS provide strategic assistance on market and technologies issues and can assist you to develop your business on specific targets. ITEMS can also provide assistance on (Project management, technical assistance) :
- Business Plans : New values chains in broad convergence, Infrastructures PPP
- Marketing and Positioning : How to develop new business and get new revenues ? How to compete with new soft players ? How to get value from triple/quadruple play services
- Due diligence : Combining understanding of the technical assets regarding the market perspectives
- Regulation : Net neutrality, Impact of telcos in TV services, Software services regulation issues, Digital dividend issues
- International benchmarks
- Business Development Assistance : Market analysis, Specific Market positioning, Business development action plan on specific targets, business development rollout assistance
- Project Assistance : Project management assistance, Technical assistance
5- Energy and sustainable development
- Energy issues Understanding issues related the development of EnR and the trend in energy infrastructure regarding constraints of consumption and stability
- Smart Grids : Towards intelligent networks : How to design new networks for the next future ?
- Electric Vehicule : Industrials, Carbon, Economic and Market development analysis
- Sustainable cities and region : Strategy design and implementation
- Green IT Green approaches and constraints in IT environments.
Ethical chart - Charte éthique
Organisation of Conferences
ITEMS International organizes conferences on ICT hot issues and an annual major conference : the Global Forum.
The Global Forum / Shaping the Future is an annual, independent international event dedicated to business and policy issues affecting the successful evolution of the Information Society. It is not-for-profit initiative of Items International and Foundation Sophia Antipolis.
The Global Forum / Shaping the Future is sponsored by organisations around the world, interested in sharing and influencing global IT agendas, and enabling business and government leaders from all sectors of the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) communities to meet and work with suppliers and service providers.
The Global Forum / Shaping the Future aims to generate synergy between suppliers and users of communications applications. It assists in setting up partnerships between practical applications and innovative ideas. As a high profile international think-tank dealing with business, policy issues and civil society the Global Forum is acting as a catalyst for wide ranging applications of communications. Since its inception in 1992, it has brought together international key actors. It gathers experts from advanced economies - the USA, Canada, Western Europe and Asia - and increasingly from developing countries.
Trip and visit organisation
- Visits and meetings